Germs can be spread from person to person or by touching unclean equipment or surfaces, washing your hands is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself and others.
How can you stop the spread?
- Focus your efforts on cleaning areas in the house where germs are more likely to spread; areas such as the kitchen and toilet.
- Use soap and hot water or a disinfectant to clean the surfaces.
- Thoroughly dry surfaces such as works tops & chopping boards after cleaning.
- Make sure cleaning aids are cleaned thoroughly or they’ll spread germs to other surfaces.
- And of course, remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t forget that wearing face coverings helps stop the spread of coronavirus and can protect those around us when worn correctly.
Research suggests a sneeze can propel droplets up to 4 metres