Scams & misinformation can have devastating consequences for everyone involved. The Action Fraud website provides a full A_Z of the different types of scams https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-z-of-fraud-category.
The most common scam is known as phishing which fraudsters use to access valuable personal details such as usernames and passwords. Messages generally try to convince the recipient that they are from a trusted source. It’s important to know how to protect yourself:
- Never give login or personal details, be aware and proactive when responding to emails / calls.
- Set up a spam filter on your emails and make sure you mark relevant emails a spam.
- Never respond to messages, or click on links if you’re unsure of the sender
- Make sure devices have the latest anti-virus software.
- Ensure you report any phishing attempts or scams to Action Fraud UK
You can find more information by clicking on the following links: