Air pollution occurs when harmful substances are released into the air, this not only damages our earth but, annually it causes up to 36,000 deaths in the UK. For these reasons, clean air is important for our health and our environment.
During the COVID lock-downs we experienced cleaner air and saw massive shifts in low pollution behaviours. Moving past these lock-downs, how can we continue to have cleaner air and lower pollution?
- Consider car sharing or using public transport
- Walk or cycle – they’re one of the most environmentally friendly ways to travel
- Choose green energy suppliers
- If its time to upgrade, consider a hybrid or electric vehicle
- Upgrade your boiler to an energy efficient model
- Choose environmentally friendly DIY or household products