The bank holiday is round the corner, whether you’re celebrating the meaning of Easter or just looking forward to a break; here are some tips to help you enjoy the time off.
Is your medicine cabinet well-stocked?
- If you require regular medication, plan ahead and ensure you have enough stock to get you through the weekend.
- Have a look in your medicine cabinet and make sure it is well stocked. The NHS suggest you stock up on:
- painkillers (like paracetamol and ibuprofen); antihistamines; oral re hydration salts; anti-diarrhoea tablets; indigestion tablets; sunscreen and a first aid kit.
- Many pharmacies are open over the Bank Holiday and weekends; they’ll be able to offer expert advice on many common problems. Find your nearest and their opening times here:
- Remember that anyone in need of urgent mental health support in Norfolk can call 111 and select option 2 to speak to someone; the line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Use the time to check through your grab bag to make sure the items are in date and useful to you during an emergency.
- It may not be Tuesday, but remember to test your smoke alarm! You can find some more information about fire safety in the home here:
- Check for any disruption to trains, buses and roads before travelling – many operators may offer a reduced service or be doing improvement work.
If you’re planning on heading out to the Norfolk Coastline, or over 200+ miles on inland waterways then remember: